When it comes to life, it doesn't really matter who you are or what your status is in terms of knowing the value or the capability of a diamond. It has been used for everything from a pretty stone on your wives left hand to drinking water purification to the ever reliable diamond blade for saws. If you look at Husqvarna's website they have a small introduction that says so much in so few words:
"Rock, concrete and steel are some of the hardest materials known to man. To cut through these elements with immense precision, you need something even harder – a diamond blade or diamond drill bit from the world's leading producer. You'll get a diamond tool that efficiently cuts through inch by inch, in perfect control. A tool developed for its special mission, by the experts at Husqvarna, for experts like you. Together, we master the elements."
If like most of us, you don't know quite exactly what a diamond blade is or does this next little excerpt will define just that. A diamond blade is a saw blade which has diamonds fixed on its base for cutting hard or abrasive materials. There are many types of diamond blade, and they have many uses, including cutting stone, concrete, asphalt, bricks, coal balls, glass, and ceramics in the construction industry; cutting semi conductor materials in the IT industry ; and cutting demstones, including diamonds, in the gem industry
Diamond blades are available in different shapes/types:
- Circular diamond saw blades are the most widely used type of diamond blade.
- A diamond gang saw blade is a long steel plate with diamond segments welded onto it. Normally, tens or hundreds of diamond gang saw blades are used together to saw raw stone blocks.
- A diamond band saw blade is a flexible closed steel band with diamonds fixed (often by electroplating) on the teeth of one side of the band.
A few examples of the different types of diamond blades that Construction Complete offer are listed below
- Premium-grade, thin-rim diamond blade for fast wet cutting of porcelain, ceramic, granite and marble tile
- Ideal for high speed cutting of hard masonry tile
- Unique diamond-shaped laser cutouts prevent blade wobble and keeps blade cooler for a longer life
- 7mm rim height for a longer life and for increased cutting contact with the blade
- IMER General Purpose Series Wet & Dry Cut Diamond Blade are made for wet or dry cutting of concrete, stone and masonry items.
- Compatible with various IMER concrete, stone and masonry saws, check saw specifications for compatibility.
- Available in 10", 14" and 20" diameters (please specify).
There are many more to choose from then what is listed here, What is above is just a preview to the Diamond blade options you have. Visit our site Construction Complete or contact us at 1-800-889-0661 Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm EST with any and all of your home improvement questions.